Electro Convulsive Therapy (ECT)
ECT in Willow Court was introduced in 1937. The ECT machine had a plug in head piece attached to thick rubber bands. The rubber bands were then connected to 2 round metal disks.
No injections were given prior to the ECT.
The first patient given ECT was Charles S in Bronte House. Charles was reportedly was quite anxious about the treatment and would jump out windows run away and hide.
Photo from Historical Information Centre New Norfolk